We welcome and encourage you to visit the school or Nursery before the admission of your child.
Please make an appointment if you wish to arrange a visit.
Children may attend the Nursery for a year, prior to entering the school.
Priority for admissions will be given to:
- Children who have a brother or sister in the main school.
- Children living in the parishes of Ryton on Dunsmore and Bubbenhall.
- Children living outside the above parishes.
A number of places are reserved for children who need a place as a special priority. Up to four places will be offered to children who are referred by relevant support agencies and who would not
otherwise qualify for a place.
Within each category, if there are too few places for all applicants, places will be offered first to those who have the shortest walking distances between home and Nursery.
If there are empty places following the September intake we will accept children who have turned three during the Autumn and Spring terms.
You may apply to the Nursery any time after your child's second birthday.
Please telephone for an appointment if you would like to see the Nursery in action.
You can download an admission form here or request one from the office.
Primary School Admissions
All admission applications for Reception to Year 6 classes should be made through Warwickshire County Council http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/applyforschool or telephone 01926 414111
We admit children in the September after their 4th birthday. There are opportunities for
flexibility, as some children may benefit from part-time attendance to begin with.
We have adopted the Warwickshire Admissions Policy. Applications to the Reception class need to be made to the Local Authority (LA) during the year prior to beginning in the September. The closing date for applications is during October.
The admissions criteria for County and Controlled Junior and Primary schools in order of priority are:
- Children in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, a local authority (under section 22 of the Children Act 1989)
- Children living in the priority area who have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living in the priority area who have a brother or sister at the partner infant school at the time of admission.
- Other children living in the priority area.
- Children from outside the priority area who have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission.
- Children from outside the priority area who attended the partner infant school immediately prior to transfer.
- Other children from outside the priority area.
In each category, decisions are based on the distance between home and school by the shortest
walking route, with priority going to those living nearest the school. This applies equally to those living inside and outside the county boundary.
If a Warwickshire Community or Voluntary Controlled primary school is over-subscribed,
then the following over-subscription criteria will be used when allocating places.
- Looked after children and all previously looked after children.
- Children who have been adopted through a CVAA UK agency.
- Children who receive the Early Years Pupil Premium for their early years provider.
- Children who are currently, or have been at any point since 1st September 2015, subject to a Child in Need Plan or a Child Protection Plan.
- Children living in the priority area for the school, who will have asibling attending the same school in Years 1 - 6 at the time of admission in September 2022.
- Other children living in the priority area for the school.
- Children living outside the priority area for the school, who will have a sibling attending the same school in Years 1 – 6 at the time of admission in September 2022.
- Other children living outside the priority area for the school.
If you wish your child to join us, please make an appointment with the Head Teacher to visit the school.
There is always a meeting for new parents towards the end of the Summer Term before your child starts school in September. We look forward to meeting you on this occasion.