At Provost Williams C of E Primary School we aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum which enables all children to be confident, independent and inquisitive learners who develop a lifelong love of learning and an understanding of the world – past, present and future. We provide for high-quality learning through skilled explanation and modelling by teachers who have excellent subject and curriculum knowledge. Pedagogical expertise underpins teachers’ ability to build opportunities for children to deepen their understanding and the ability to recall what they have learnt in a sophisticated and meaningful way. Our curriculum is designed to inspire and engage.
Our curriculum is based on the existing National Curriculum and reflects a wide and varied learning experience which is enriched through creative contexts and our values-based learning community. We are committed to developing the whole child.
Provost Williams C of E Primary School Curriculum enables all children to:
- Become enthusiastic and successful learners who love the challenge of learning, make progress and achieve their full potential
- Grow into confident individuals who can live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- Develop as responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society
- Understand the value of learning and who continue that process through their lives
- Apply knowledge in varying contexts
- Develop a broad, meaningful vocabulary with conceptual understanding
- Develop into enthusiastic and successful learners who love the challenge of learning and are resilient to failure.
- Develop into curious, interested learners who seek out and use new information to develop, consolidate and deepen their knowledge understanding and skills
|Design Technology Statement.pdf||Download|
|French Curriculum Statement.docx.pdf||Download|
|Maths Curriculum Statement.pdf||Download|
|Physical Educaion Statement.pdf||Download|